- GV is feeling serious pressure (from their bankers and dealers) to do whatever they can to force Mahindra to deliver vehicles ASAP. A lawsuit could be a motivator.
- Mahindra is purposely dragging their feet because they are truly not prepared to launch vehicles in the US for some reason.
- Mahindra is dragging their feet because they want to get away from GV and establish their own in-house distribution of Mahindra vehicles in the US.
- Mahindra is dragging their feet because they want to boot GV and go with another US-based importer.
- Mahindra has gotten cold feet and are going to scrap their US plans altogether.
Some things just aren’t adding up either:
- Mahindra has still not filed emissions certification paperwork with the EPA
- Mahindra has still not completed the needed formal use requirements to register US trademarks for “Mahindra TR20” and “Mahindra TR40”. Mahindra applied for the trademarks nearly a year and a half ago, but have not followed through with registration.
- Mahindra has not made any effort to directly promote or advertise Mahindra vehicles in the United States, despite hiring two internationally known advertising agencies to do so.
- Mahindra has allegedly built 175 US-spec, pre-production TR pickups in India, but apparently none have been sent here for evaluation or testing.
Is it going to happen? Has Mahindra burned too many bridges before even delivering a product? If/when the trucks get here will Mahindra bust out some sweet Jedi mind tricks and get everyone forget about the current drama and delays?